MHM Wales Zero-Carbon Footprint by 2030 - Statement
MHM Wales recognises the critical role we play in creating a sustainable future. We believe that every organisation has a responsibility to reduce their carbon footprint and contribute to the broader effort to address climate change. Our goal is to be a zero-carbon footprint organisation, paving the way for a sustainable future in Wales.
To achieve this goal, we are committed to the implementation of comprehensive strategies that focus on sustainable practices across our organisation. We plan to achieve this goal in the following ways:
- We will significantly reduce our carbon footprint by improving our energy efficiency. We will work to replace inefficient equipment with more energy-efficient alternatives, such as LED lighting and Energy rated appliances. Our policy states all staff to turn off lights and equipment when not in use.
- We will support and promote renewable energy sources such as solar, wind and hydro power. Our future includes incorporating renewable energy sources in our operations to reduce the carbon footprint.
- We will encourage the use of sustainable transport solutions. We plan to reduce private vehicle use by offering in-house carpooling or other sustainable transport options.
- We will prioritise the use of eco-friendly, ethical, and sustainable products and services. This means we will improve our procurement process to source products and services from suppliers who prioritise sustainable practices.
- Despite our best attempts, we may not achieve zero carbon on our own. Therefore, we plan to offset the carbon we remit through investments in carbon offset strategies such as planting trees, investing in renewable energy, and other similar projects.
As a leader in sustainability, MHM Wales is committed to creating a more sustainable world.
We passionately believe that every organisation has a responsibility to contribute to a zero-carbon economy to protect the planet for future generations. With our initiatives, we are taking the first steps to achieving our zero-carbon footprint goal, and with commitment and action, we are confident our goal will be achieved.